[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with gcc-7 and gcc-10 built binaries

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:59:27 UTC 2023

Hi Russel

This is an ongoing work and we have been at it for about 2~3 releases
thus far. So there is a good chance your libarries are already gcc 10.
We build every update with Gcc10 since the start of the move. However
some packages also needed more work as they were not Gcc10 compatible in
the versions we delivered. Thus it always is our strategy in these cases
to upgrade as independantly as possible between packages. So that we can
handle the workload with the few people we have.

More helping hands are always welcome.

Greetings
Till