[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox problem

Predrag Zečević predrag.zecevic.1961 at googlemail.com
Wed May 31 13:12:00 UTC 2023

On 5/31/23 15:06, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2023, Predrag Zečević via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>>
>> [Parent 1693, IPDL Background] WARNING: fallocate failed to set shm
>> size: Invalid argument: file
>> /jenkins/jobs/oi-userland/workspace/components/web/firefox/firefox-113.0.1/ipc/chromium/src/base/shared_memory_posix.cc:404
>> [Parent 1693, IPDL Background] WARNING: ftruncate failed to set shm
>> size: No space left on device: file
>> /jenkins/jobs/oi-userland/workspace/components/web/firefox/firefox-113.0.1/ipc/chromium/src/base/shared_memory_posix.cc:407
>> IPDL protocol error: SharedMemory::Create failed!
>> Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]:
>> CompositorBridgeChild receives IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
>> (t=2320.83) Exiting due to channel error.
>
> These errors have to do with available disk space (or a problem with the
> temporary file directory) rather than RAM.  The fallocate() function
> does this: "preallocate or deallocate space to a file".  If the
> filesystem (presumably where temporary files reside) does not support
> the pre-allocation capability, or the directory is too full, or the file
> does not exist, then the request will fail.
>
> The ftruncate() error implies that the directory is full.
>
> The mention of a file name 'file' suggests that the software is not even
> using a correct file path and might in fact just be using the name 'file'.
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob!

That was good one...

I have found this (in /etc/vfstab, probably added very long time ago,
only today it has started to "work"):

#device                         device          mount
FS      fsck    mount   mount
#to mount                       to fsck         point
type    pass    at boot options
swap                            -               /tmp
tmpfs   -       yes     size=4096m

I will remove tmpfs size option... and reboot. THen I wil lcheck again
(tomorrow, most likely).

One more time, thanks for the hint (I was focused on swap only)
Best regards

--
Predrag Zečević