[OpenIndiana-discuss] Realtek RTL8812AE chipset, rtl driver?

Joseph Holsten joseph at josephholsten.com
Sat Oct 14 19:20:44 UTC 2023

Reviewing the OI HCL, I notice that the DWA-581 says it’s supported. Best of all, it’s supposed to have 802.11ac support.
  https://docs.openindiana.org/community-hcl/components/

But I can’t seem to confirm this. https://illumos.org/man/4D/rtl Is “Not Found”. https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/tree/master/usr/src/uts/common/io doesn’t have an rtl driver (rtls is something different). I’m not finding any mention of the chipset RTL8812AE outside device identifiers.

Is it true? Is there a Wi-Fi driver with ac support? From where?

--
Joseph Holsten
http://josephholsten.com
mailto:joseph at josephholsten.com