[OpenIndiana-discuss] NUC boot

James list at xdrv.uk
Sun Oct 29 12:50:42 UTC 2023

Good afternoon,

I am playing with an Intel NUC 7PJYH3 [1], J5005 CPU, 16GB RAM.
Openindiana boot from USB fails, text install or live, transcript from
screen grab:

-------begin
Booting...
OpenIndiana Hipster 2023.04 Version illimos-676abcc77c 64-bit
WARNING: sdhost0: slot 0: Host does not support standard voltages.
WARNING: sdhost0: slot 0: Unable to initialize card!
WARNING: sdhost0: slot 0: Host does not support standard voltages.
WARNING: sdhost0: slot 0: Unable to initialize card!
  Fri Feb 24 03:20:38 UTC 2023
Hostname: openindiana
Remounting root read/write
Probing for device nodes...
Preparing live image for use
Requesting System Maintenance Mode
(See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)
Console login services(s) cannot run

Enter user name for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I can login as root but I see nothing much and I am not sure what system
maintenance I am supposed to do at this stage.

Note OmniOS runs from the boot USB, exit to shell and it seems to behave.

Is there any hope of me avoiding Linux on this?

James.

1.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/126137/intel-nuc-kit-nuc7pjyh.html