[OpenIndiana-discuss] NUC boot

James list at xdrv.uk
Tue Oct 31 09:10:09 UTC 2023

On 30/10/2023 15:09, Till Wegmüller wrote:
> Then it's indeed the USB Key which is not found by the kernel, but found
> by loader.
>
> Can you try out the back ports where the keyboard is currently plugged
> in? My NUC has a problem with the USB in early boot but they come online
> eventually.

I have tried all 4 external ports.  I was wrong, they are all USB3 so I
have not tried on USB2.  3 are blue indicating USB3 and I assumed the
other was not.  The other is yellow because it is an always-on special
charging port.  The remaining ports are controlled by the BIOS and will
need power in sleep states if the keyboard is to wake it up.  I have
switched it to off in the BIOS, no difference to boot.

Checking the specification I see all 4 external ports are USB3 and there
are 2 internal USB2 available via a header, not that I can clearly
identify them and I would need a cable connector.

...tribblix boots.

James.