[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVidia driver Lenovo P52

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed Sep 6 11:56:11 UTC 2023

On 9/6/23 13:00, Marcel Telka wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 12:55:53PM +0200, Olaf Bohlen wrote:
>> Aug 9 13:15:35 p52 nvidia_modeset: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Loading NVIDIA Kernel Mode Setting Driver for UNIX platforms 470.182.03 Fri Feb 24 03:20:38 UTC 2023
> Try to update.  The latest nvidia-470 driver in the repo is 470.199.02.
>

> HTH

Hi!

I tried a P51 some time ago. It had a "optimus" called constellation
between the intel and the nvidia graphics.
If you have this, i doubt you have a chance to get nvidia graphics to work.

If you have very dedicated hardware paths for each graphic controller,
you could be able to completely disable the intel graphics.
On my DELL Precision 7720 i am able to do it this way.

Have a close look into your BIOS settings.
Maybe you are lucky with a newer driver, P1000 is supported by 525 and
535, see here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/210650/en-us/

Regards,
Stephan