[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox status?

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Sep 8 05:23:25 UTC 2023

On 9/6/23 23:25, Carl Brewer wrote:

> Is this now a "Wait for us to fix it" issue? I don't have the skill or
> resources (AFAIK) to be involved in recompiling/porting to gcc-10.

Hello!

I am not an expert either. May knowledge is sort of "if it builds with
gcc-10 and gmake test is ok then i am happy - FAIL otherwise".

At the moment i don't find time to work through the gcc7-package-list
(since 06.08.2023 now) and the new room for my little daughter (3) isn't
ready yet..

We are only a few people that are using illumos-based distributions, and
we all have to work together, everyone with the time and skill that is
there.

Whilst being here i learn about how much work it is to keep a
distribution on time, and sometimes how complicated it is to 'only'
compile a packages with a different compiler :-/

I am interested in assisting and will do so when i find time again.

Regards,

Stephan