[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool status rpool not consistent with diskinfo

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Wed Sep 20 13:38:15 UTC 2023

On 9/20/23 15:23, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

>> Hello!
>>
>> Thanks for the hints, but no change with
>>
>> touch /reconfigure
>>
>> zpool reopen
>>
>> rm /etc/zfs/zpool.cache
>>

>> should i try to "zpool offline -t c3t2d0s0" one device and reboot?
>

> It could also be that the label entry is not updated.
> zdb -l /dev/dsk/cxtyd0s0 should show the correct one
> at least in the first label. I once had such a case,
> and had to boot into an older openindiana version to
> get that fixed, but that depends of course on the
> available and activated pool features.
>
> --
> Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
> http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php
> KIT - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology http://www.kit.edu
> Postfach 3640,76021 Karlsruhe,Germany T:(+49)721 608-26026 F:-926026

Hello!

I can confirm that the zfs label have not been updated.

I don't know if it a 'problem' as the root pool is ONLINE,
but if you use the devices names stated in the zpool status,
other commands may fail (just like zdb -l <dev>) because the device
names are wrong :-/

However, the possible solution is to boot from live media an
import/export the root pool...

Regards,
Stephan