[OpenIndiana-discuss] limited fqdn length on installation?

Rolf M. Dietze rmd at orbit.in-berlin.de
Sat Feb 10 23:53:28 UTC 2024

Hello,

on installation of the latest usb-openindiana image
(OI-hipster-gui-20231027.usb) I got a funny errormessage
running the textinstaller....
upon entry of the real fqdn of my university, the menu in
the field "Domain" says: Max supported field length: 15
Well, mine is 16 chars in length. ok, endet up with typing
nonsense there and after a reboot editing /etc/resolv.conf

Never set up the official ip network interface in
installation but always had an internal ip during installation
and configured the official ip and dns config after the first
reboot.

Is that field length limitation there since the beginning?
doesn't look to good if someone is new to it;)

/rmd