[OpenIndiana-discuss] ask for a small contribution related Pulseaudio,

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:46:39 UTC 2024

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 7:23 AM Stephan Althaus <
Stephan.Althaus at duedinghausen.eu> wrote:

> On 2/12/24 17:46, Stephan Althaus wrote:

We lack support for hdmi audio.
This is provided in recent drm code, I think the code can be ported easily
from the OpenBSD/FreeBSD source.
I had a drm tree synchronized with libdrm 100, more recent kernel driver
sources, and hdmi but it would freeze now and then so I never got the
chance to integrate it.

> >> mate-volume-control may helps.

> > Hello!
> >
> > In the mate-volume-control, i have
> > nothing in the hardware tab,
> > audiohd#5 and Wmonitor of audiohd#5" in the input tab,
> > audiohd#5 in the output tab,
> > so nothing with audiohd#6 to configure there...
> >
> > By the way, running latest nvidia 535.154.5.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stephan

> Hello!
>
> i crossed-checked with OI USB stick on a different older laptop with
> Nvidia NVS 3100M,
> + nvidia 340 gets used,
> + the devices below /dev/ look pretty much the same and seem to be correct,
> - "pactl list sinks" does not list the nvidia output,
> + DDU says it is supported by the audiohd module (and so do i guess from
> the links below /dev/),
> -  the "hardware" tab in the mate-volume-control is empty (it is not if
> i boot debian linux with nvidia 340 on this old laptop)
> - the nvidia related audiohd#1 devices are not listed within
> mate-volume-control
>
> if i find the time i will check a desktop system with a GT1030..
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings