[OpenIndiana-discuss] updates and reboots

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Mon Jan 8 11:05:46 UTC 2024

On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 11:52:25AM +0100, Goetz T. Fischer wrote:
> no sorry, i wasn't clear. not one isolated package of course but whatever "pkg update some_great_app"
> triggers.

No, you were clear.  My "ssh only and nothing else" as an example was
confusing.  I meant ssh (and all tightly related pkgs that are needed to
run ssh), as opposite to the full "pkg update" case.  So my previous
reply applies exactly to your case.

For the ssh case (package network/ssh) you also need to account that the
package depends on system/library and this means... see my other mail.

In short if your system is older than 2023-12-22 then you cannot have
latest network/ssh package.