[OpenIndiana-discuss] Questions about /var/pkg

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld at hamachi.org
Sat Jan 13 00:51:50 UTC 2024

On 1/12/24 16:06, Matthew R. Trower wrote:
> Interesting, I only knew of attributes(5).  It appears attributes(7) may
> have shared a common root, but has long since diverged (or maybe they're
> just encoded differently).  Still, they appear identical in regards to
> the Interface Stability attribute.

Today, illumos-gate has only attributes(7).

I believe you have stale preformatted man pages from a system installed
before https://www.illumos.org/issues/14443 landed, likely in
/usr/man/cat?/ directories that are no longer used by the current
install but which are still searched by man(1)

Clean out the old /usr/man/cat* directories and all should be better.

See also https://github.com/illumos/ipd/blob/master/ipd/0004/README.md