[OpenIndiana-discuss] Screen locking with XScreenSaver disabled

Matthew R. Trower dev at blackshard.net
Mon Jan 15 12:57:21 UTC 2024

On 1/14/24 17:17, hput wrote:
 > It is the very Xscreensaver installed in my OS:
 >   pkg list |grep xscreen
 >   desktop/xscreensaver    6.8-2023.0.0.0        i--

That does indeed look suspiciously like XScreenSaver.  I seem to recall
that being the default screensaver, but it has been many years since I
used Gnome or Mate.  Some things you might try, if you haven't already:

- run xscreensaver-settings, check for any suspicious settings there
- check file ~/.xscreensaver (if exists)
- check file /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver
- check for a running xscreensaver daemon
---- if you find such a process maybe you can find out what is launching
it with the command "ptree"
- if this is a single user machine and you never want locking, maybe
just uninstall desktop/xscreensaver?

-- Matthew R. Trower