[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mariadb always in maintenance mode

Christopher D. Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Sun Jan 21 08:09:15 UTC 2024

Hi,

I'm new to OpenIndiana so I'm hoping this is a quick fix that I'm just
not familiar enough with the OS to do.

What I'm encountering is what appears to be a successful installation of
mariadb, but it stays in maintenance mode despite my best efforts. Which
so far isn't much beyond setting a password in default.conf.

I haven't found an error log in /var/log to peruse. Or any other clues
anywhere else for that matter.

So here I am hoping someone can guide me in the direction I need to get
this up & running.

Please advise.

With thanks,

Chris Bartels