[OpenIndiana-discuss] Replace xscreensaver with mate-screensaver

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Sun Jan 21 16:14:08 UTC 2024

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the report.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 09:48:33AM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:
> install.  I noticed the System menu now had an item called "Control
> Center".  In this country, we spell the second word "centre".  This

The above comes from desktop/mate/control-center package and is default
in the C locale, so it seems okay for American English.

Please see:
https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center/blob/master/mate-control-center.pot#L4725

I assume you use the en_CA locale.  For this locale the string in
question is not "translated", see:
https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center/blob/master/po/en_CA.po#L4717
so you see the default "untranslated" version of the string.

If you want to see this fixed, then the best way would be either report
this or maybe create a PR for the upstream mate-control-center project
https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center or reach the en_CA
translation team at https://www.transifex.com/mate/teams/13566/en_CA/ .

The other possibility to have it fixed ASAP is to create a patch for our
(OpenIndiana) desktop/mate/mate-control-center component at
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland and propose it as a PR.

HTH.