[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mariadb always in maintenance mode

Christopher D. Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Mon Jan 22 01:56:15 UTC 2024

Thanks, this has revealed an important clue.

I have the following repeated through the log:

FATAL ERROR: Could not find /usr/mariadb/10.6/share/mysql_test_db.sql

So I've installed pkg:/database/mariadb-106/tests, which I thought had
been pulled in when I installed the base package, but apparently not.
This is the fix.

Now I question whether I need this other package I see during search,
pkg:/database/mariadb-106/library.

Despite the service being online, will this give me a problem later by
chance?

And shouldn't the tests package be a dependency if the service won't
start without it? How do things work here with regards to that?

Thanks again,

-C