[OpenIndiana-discuss] Basic QC on packages

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 23:55:18 UTC 2026


 Thank you.  That avoids a duplicate bug report.  However, that is not the point I was raising, merely an example.  I brought up a Debian instance to complete the task.
The significant issue is that such a trivially identifiable fault should make it to publication in an OI repository.  That should not happen.
My concern is preventing such things from happening by automating verification  the packages link.  Back in the day one job required that my install packages worked flawlessly.  They always did.  This is not hard work and I am willing to do it, though I need to get on the oi-dev list again to discuss that.
The fix is simple.  After doing a fresh install from a release candidate, a script scans all the executables with ldd(1) and rejects any which have link failures.  A very modest Bourne and awk script.
I am simply saying that for OI to survive it must do better than it is doing.
Have Fun!Reg
    On Friday, September 18, 2026 at 05:02:54 PM CDT, Mariusz Zynel <mariusz at solaris-x86.net> wrote:  
 
 
This is a known issue: https://www.illumos.org/issues/18370

MZ

_______________________________________________
openindiana-discuss mailing list
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
https://openindiana.org/mailman/listinfo/openindiana-discuss
  


More information about the openindiana-discuss mailing list