[OpenIndiana-discuss] debugging failure in text installer
Tim Mooney
Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Sep 25 18:26:57 UTC 2026
All-
What should I do to debug:
Preparing text install image for use
Requesting System Maintenance Mode
(See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)
Console login service(s) cannot run
when attempting a text install?
I'm considering putting OI on an older gaming workstation, but both
2026.04 and the last test text-install from 2026.09.09 fail shortly
after booting with "Console login service(s) cannot run". I've only
tried the USB images, not an ISO burned to DVD, but I assume that since
it's booting and getting to this point, the problem isn't specific to
the USB subsystem.
I've poked around in system maintenance mode but haven't found any
useful logs (no svc logs?).
Any suggestions for useful next steps?
Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology / 701-231-1076 (Voice)
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164
More information about the openindiana-discuss
mailing list