[Userland] [OpenIndiana Distribution - Bug #4183] (sshd) Unable to forward TCP port

illumos project devnull at illumos.org
Sun Oct 6 10:55:57 UTC 2013

Issue #4183 has been updated by Rome Novikov.

I've install openssh from csw - the same result..
Bug #4183: (sshd) Unable to forward TCP port
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4183

Author: Rome Novikov
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
Difficulty: Medium
Tags: needs-triage

Hi! I'm trying to forward a TCP port from localhost of the remote server to the local machine using SSH. After the SSH connection is established I try to use the forwarded port but the tunnel is not working and a get the following error in /var/adm/messages : Oct  6 13:27:12 hisoft-oisrvh01 sshd[1543]: [ID 800047 auth.error] error: setsockopt TCP_NODELAY: Invalid argument
Nevertheless the telnet shows that the tunneling connection is established - I can put lines as many as I want but respondless.. And I see no warnings in terminal. X11 connections work Ok - I can use GUI-applications remotely (with -X).
So I put the "AllowTcpForwarding yes" option into sshd_config and restarted sshd but useless.
I don't know if it is a new security feature or a bug but the ssh-tunneling is a main thing I use for my work..
Please help me to resolve the problem - it's very important at least for my job...

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://www.illumos.org/my/account