[Userland] [OpenIndiana Distribution - Bug #4183] (sshd) Unable to forward TCP port

illumos project devnull at illumos.org
Sun Oct 6 13:06:17 UTC 2013

Issue #4183 has been updated by Rome Novikov.

So as a workaround I've found a temporary solution. Obviously this issue is because there are some troubles with implementing IPv6. It somehow helps if the IPv6 support of sshd is disabled.
Thanks the authors of the following messages http://forums.servethehome.com/solaris-nexenta-openindiana-napp/2064-esxi-omnios-vm-problem-portforwarding-tcp_nodelay-invalid-argument.html
So I made the next changes:
"Modifiy: /lib/svc/method/sshd
Find the line "/usr/lib/ssh/sshd" and change it to "/usr/lib/ssh/sshd -4"

Then edit "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" and comment
out "ListenAddress ::" and uncomment "ListenAddress 0.0.0.0"

Execute "svcadm restart ssh" and you are good to go."

After that if I forward an unexisting remote socked onto local machine - I'll get the hanging relult for the local application (such as rdesktop, telnet) without any breaking the connection or any messages in my console. But if the remote socked exists - I have my rdp-terminal worked properly.
Bug #4183: (sshd) Unable to forward TCP port
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4183