[oi-dev] Artwork?

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:22:14 UTC 2011

On 03/28/11 04:26 PM, Shawn Thompson wrote:

> But anyway, how old is Nimbus any way? I think we're due for a new
> theme, I also find the engine to be very inflexible, I swear most of the
> resources are pixmaps.

Someone using Linux told me some time ago that colors and theme on
OpenSolaris and now on OpenIndiana are best default Gnome look he have
ever seen till now.
But if people think that look and feel should be changing somehow, that
is fine. (one can always comment if do not like changes)

I see no sweat regarding some distant resemblance with other OS look and
I don't care since I am not using other OS'es but Osol/OpenIndiana and
Xubuntu, anyway.

I think present Nimbus is very nice and there is better things to do
(i915 driver per example)
,but why not, if wanting something else, one can make it look different
in a new theme, implement it and test it and push it so people can see
if they like it or not, vote for default, etc.

I was hoping that this thread could be used to also talk/inspire OI
artwork in general (have not seen Illumos artwork lately but it should
surely be present) so there is space for being artistic.