[oi-dev] [userland] Re: illumos-userland update

Kartik Mistry kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:48:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Bayard Bell
<buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+illumos-userland
>> https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumian/wiki/Building_illumos-userland
>>
>> We should merge these both.
>
> Absolutely. Could we start by getting some packages documenting the
> illumian packaging tools and process? I had a number of questions in my
> review notes this weekend, and I've been working to get a reasonable amount
> of documentation about the Makefile infrastructure, which I'd like to follow
> up with write-ups for the vanilla userland-gae tools and userland-specific
> packaging info.

We may need to wait till Igor K's work on integrating
illumian-userland changes (ie Debian tools specific) till that.
Meanwhile, we can start working on documenting vanilla userland build
process.

> richlowe's pointed out that the generic IPS documentation is very useful
> to anyone who has to use IPS, so I reckon we should link that off the
> packaging tools page. Is there something similar we could link about generic
> debian packaging tools?

Agree. I can write process of making Debian packaging tools we have
for/from IPS plus some general information. Which will be best place
for that? illumian wiki page?

--
Kartik Mistry | IRC: kart_
{0x1f1f, kartikm}.wordpress.com