[oi-dev] Broadcom wireless drivers for OpenIndiana

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Apr 25 16:36:41 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-25 16:18, Jim Klimov wrote:
> So far I had to reconfigure my home AP to WEP for tests, and I'm
> looking into whether I can make it (TomatoUSB firmware) to run
> dual networks - WEP and WPA, as used by my other devices.

Indeed, I can - "Toastman's" mod of TomatoUSB has a "VLAN" build
which is expected to always be experimental, and similar builds
exist of some other TomatoUSB firmware mods, and according to GUI
I can define up to 16 Virtual Wireless networks on one interface
with their own encryption and SSIDs, which can be bridged to one
of locally defined VLANs (including the plain default VLAN which
spans all local ports and the wireless interface as one bridge).

http://www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toastman_Builds.html#dir=q65Jr3oP

So now I have tested both a WEP and WPA2 network with another OS,
going into OI to build some drivers... ;)

//Jim