[oi-dev] Vanilla illumos-gate in OI hipster repo

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 18:12:47 UTC 2013

Hi Nikola

Because OI hipster is using vanilla illumos-gate, illumos related bugs
can be opened directly against upstream illumos project.

I am not sure what to do about OI hipster specific bugs yet. OI
hipster is a fork of the /dev branch. OI project in redmine on
illumos.org refers to the /dev branch itself. Maybe, at least for now,
post your issues to the oi-dev mailing list?

I was not able to reproduce your VirtualBox problem on my machine
here. Latest VirtualBox and zoneaccess service appears to be working
on fully updated system here:
http://linux01.everycity.co.uk/~aszeszo/skitched-20130629-190412.png

At least for now, the idea behind OI hipster is for it to remain a
rolling release. Sometimes things will break. But thanks to BEs and
easy contribution process things can be fixed or rolled back quickly.

illumos-gate updates in OI hipster are fully automatic and there is no
OI specific testing done prior to integrating the packages in the
/hipster repo.

Cheers,

Andrzej