[oi-dev] Studio/GCC c++ libraries and OI future :)

Thomas Wagner tom-oi-dev at tom.bn-ulm.de
Mon Oct 14 14:02:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 03:19:07PM +0200, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>  On 14/10/2013 14:49, Nikola M. wrote:
> > On 10/14/13 02:35 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> >> On 14/10/2013 14:23, Nikola M. wrote:
[...]

>  MongoDB also has a problem on a7 with delivered libstdc++ and
>  libgcc_s (but runs with another build of these libs from OpenCSW),
>  but that problem vanished on a8.

OpenCSW integrated the LINK_LIBGCC_SPEC setting into their gcc,
so OpenCSW binaries (the more fresh ones, maybe all of them)
should load their runtime libgcc_s.so and others from /opt/csw/* .
OpenCSW maintainers might have more details on that.

I would suggest that the email thread has now collected enough
arguments from every side, so it looks like it is the right
time to summarize and extract the essentials. Based in that,
a decision can be done and support developers.

e.g. making a table like this could help coming to a decision:

  observation/     most likely     desired    suggested   references/
  error            root cause      outcome    solution    URLs/

Thomas