[oi-dev] xvnc: any ideas how to debug absence of login screen

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Apr 29 14:44:28 UTC 2014

Hello.
Now in /hipster I observe the following behavior.
When I enable vnc following these instructions:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/VNC+-+Normal+Graphical+Usage
I don't receive gdm login screen after connecting to VNC server.
However, if I run vnc server using "vncserver", it runs as expected and
provides access to DE (using its own authorization using ~/.vnc/passwd
file).  I remember this config worked for me and not sure when it was
broken.
Are there any ideas how to debug this?

/etc/gdm/custom.conf:
# GDM configuration storage

[daemon]

[security]
DisallowTCP=false

[xdmcp]
Enable=true

[greeter]

[chooser]

[debug]

$ svcs xvnc-inetd gdm
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         18:24:22 svc:/application/graphical-login/gdm:default
online         18:24:55 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,