[oi-dev] oi_151a9 roadmap & planning

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Feb 13 09:35:18 UTC 2014

Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Alasdair Lumsden <alasdairrr at gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > TribbliX was a for fun desktop-oriented distro (correct me if I'm wrong)
> > by someone that hates IPS and loves SVR4 packaging. I got the impression
> > Peter never seemed to want to help OI out directly because of the IPS issue.
> >

> That's partially true, but not entirely. It's true that I hate IPS,
> part of that is emotional and psychological scars that will
> probably never heal, and they run deep.

So it seems that your impression is the same as mine.

There is a will for collaboration but it seems that OI causes the impression
that OI is not interested in collaboration.

If you like to collaborate between different projects, this will need both
sides to make compromises and to give enough room so the other side is able to
have a benefit.

I am willing to give other people enough room and I guess that you would do the
same. So let us see whether OI is willing to colaborate. As I mentioned since a
long time: OpenSolaris has not enough people to make each job twice, so we need
to collaborate if we like OpenSolaris to survive.

Jörg