[oi-dev] New Hipster ISOs are available

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:48:51 UTC 2014

Hi Nikola,
my impression was that making things easier (feasible ?) to build and
update is actually a priority to make a sustainable /dev possible.
IMHO focus should be on having hipster replicate what /dev does, for
instance have JDS in userland as mentioned in earlier threads.
In the mean time if someone steps in to backport hipster's patches to /dev
that would be even better but I do not think it should be Alexander's
concern at all.

/dev needs not to live separate life, to be able to utilize Hipster changes.

I guess it just takes someone to make that happen now by backporting, or
make that happen in the short term by having a self-consistent hipster that
could be frozen to /dev.
To my understanding this is not yet the case for this latter but steps are
taken.

> That includes also resurrecting working package manager GUI,

A few months ago I set up a git repository of the GUI part of  okg just
before deprecation in Solaris, in case someone wants to take the shot.

Best,

Aurelien