[oi-dev] hack 5800

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Aug 30 01:01:52 UTC 2015

On 08/29/15 01:29 PM, Bruce Lilly wrote:
> Vnc native protocol (RFB or remote frame buffer) uses port 5900 by default.
> If http connections are enabled for vnc, port 5800 is activated as an http
> interface to a Java applet that launches a Java-based vnc viewer.

When we integrated this code into Solaris, to conform with Solaris security
policy, we patched it to only listen on port 5800 if you requested it with
the -http option, where upstream enabled it by default:

https://hg.java.net/hg/solaris-x11~x-s12-clone/file/570c86581dc8/open-src/xserver/xvnc/vnc-nohttpd.patch

I've not checked the OI fork of the code to see if they kept this up or
dropped it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com