[oi-dev] Effort focus

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:57:50 UTC 2015

Hi,
OK, that is weird because altough I built part of MATE with GTK2, there is
a dependency to dconf which requires GTK3.
Maybe I missed some flag.
Best

Aurelien

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM, <bentahyr at chez.com> wrote:

> Hi Aurélien,
>
> I actually didn't meet this issue as I partially built MATE against GTK2.
> I supposed I assumed that building something that looks like Gnome 2 would
> be easier on a platform that supports Gnome 2 already.
> This was my first mistake.... learning wisdom is a long path.
>
> These dependencies are related to GTK3, when I come back in September I'll
> try to set up a GTK3 build.
> Then, I'll see what breaks.
>
> Desktop wise, I was thinking would it be wiser to keep a close look to
> what the BSD guys are doing as they have the same issue than OI which is
> more and more dependencies on linux core features (systemd, udev,
> authentication/authorisation mechanism,... ).
>
> Best regards.
> Ben

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN