[oi-dev] Thunderbird 38.4.0 integration

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:11:15 UTC 2015

On 11/29/15 02:21 PM, ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
> For those wanting to update to Thunderbird 38.4.0esr, we are now
> reviewing patches for oi-hipster integration:
>
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/thunderbird
>
> Source:
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/38.4.0/source/thunderbird-38.4.0.source.tar.bz2

I hope talk about Thunderbird could be moved to a separate thread.
Current situation is that Thunderbird in OI hipster is working (31.8.0)
together with calendar/lightning ,
yet recently I experience core dumps sometimes while it is standing open
for some longer time periods.

On 11/29/15 02:45 PM, Мартин Бохниг wrote:
> Thunderbird: I never re-compiled TB since Mai 2014, and never cared
> much about it (in contrast to the relative and libxul-brother FF).

It's important to have Thunderbird as valid e-mail application. In the
time when many people leave their privacy and contacts to webmail
services, having an effective e-mail client is essential to desktop use.
Thunderbird is not progressing in leaps. With calendar support,
stability is what Thunderbird user wants.
It is good to have both ESR TB first and then being able to progress to
newest TB for testing while using it in separate package and vice-versa.