[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct
peter.tribble at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 09:27:27 UTC 2016
On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 6:30 AM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/22/16 02:00 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
> Overall, I'm happy with most of this. It's about the right length, as well.
> What are you actually happy with?
I'm happy with the original document that Adam posted, with the caveat that
think the reporting mechanism can and should be tightened.
> I can say I could be happy with the first affirmative part, that is from
> the time of original posting changed, but not the second part with
> restrictions and secrecy.
> Have you seen working version at:
> because document is edited in open, not in closed and on Wiki instead on
> the site.
Indeed I have. Your modified version is flawed in the following ways:
1. The title has been changed. "Code of Conduct" is the normal term,
use it if that's what is intended
2. It conflates operational procedures and etiquette with conduct. (There
a place for a "how we operate" document; this is not it.)
3. It does not make clear what is not tolerated (the list Adam gave covers
problems we see much more accurately)
4. It does not provide a mechanism to manage violations. Such a mechanism
should be confidential. (Confidential, not secret.) Why?
a. Problems can become acrimonious and turn into a flamewar
b. People should be comfortable to report problems without fear of
5. It fails to provide adequate attribution
http://www.petertribble.co.uk/ - http://ptribble.blogspot.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the oi-dev