[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Jul 25 10:01:54 UTC 2016

Dear Nikola!

> I just received threats from Adam in the form of "warning",
[...]

> On personal level, it hurts more to recognize that long-standing, importand and
> capable guy like Adam, makes so much of mistakes and misuse, the minute it gets
> to real community dealings.

The same thing could be said about you.  Please relax, calm down, and
do some other things for a few days.  Nobody wants to forbid you from
stating your opinion, but the way you do it, and the way you attack
people personally, is very exhausting.

Just imagine what someone else might feel when he reads your emails
describing him *before* you send it.  Words like "dumb", "misuse",
and "fascist" are really not appropriate in this discussion.

>From reading this list, on IRC, and looking at commits, I know that you
are a smart and motivated long-time contributur to OI.  Please listen to
the rest of us when we ask you to relax a bit.

Thanks -- Volker A. Brandt
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"