[oi-dev] OI hipster text iso image

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 15:19:35 UTC 2021

 I'd like to test the ISOs for the next release. I have a system and disks for the task. I have just used the system to install S11.4 and S10_u11. This is primarily a test machine, though it also serves as my Windows and Linux system when I need to run EE software and Octave which no longer will compile on Solaris.

Issues with 2020.10 of which I am aware:

gparted dumps core on LiveImage ISO

Neither installer on the LiveImage ISO will install to an EFI labeled disk

Neither installer on the LiveImage ISO will install to an existing pool. The text installer recognizes an existing pool, but won't install to it.

AHCI driver configuration per Gary Mills

I'll also thoroughly exercise the install process looking for other issues.

I will configure another Z400 specifically for use as a build server later today.

Reg
     On Monday, April 5, 2021, 04:28:48 AM CDT, Andreas Wacknitz <a.wacknitz at gmx.de> wrote:

 Am 05.04.21 um 11:18 schrieb stes at PANDORA.BE:
> Hi,  are there updated iso images for OI hipster ?
>
> When using OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso
>
> OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso.sha256sum
> b4b40dbb2c69eef759e8e6fda5fa262d27ee4867a827c2d77de0f8d42c4f8a5e  OI-hipster-text-20201031.iso
>
> when I boot from that ISO it reports just before selecting keyboard layout
>
> OpenIndiana Hipster 2020.04 Version
>
> shouldn't that be 2020.10 instead of 2020.04 ?
>
> Is there perhaps a prerelease 2021.04 iso available ?
>
> Thanks,
> David Stes

Yes, the wrong date is a known issue. When I run distro-const to create
the images I wasn't aware of the freeze of the osnet-incorporation
package on the build server.
Only later I found out that I need to unfreeze it in order to update to
the latest illumos-gate bits with pkg update. Since then I update the
build server regularly after
I have checked that the latest illumos-gate boots my local servers ok.
The package freeze is necessary on the build server in order to protect
it from illumos-gate problems.
Otherwise the build server would be updated after each successful
jenkins run. It is doing that for most non illumos-gate packages, though.
I have created newer images on April 2nd, 2021 in order to check the new
NVIDIA drivers with the live media today. If there is enough interest I
could provide them on our
download server.

Regards,
Andreas