[oi-dev] texlive package

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Jan 27 18:21:22 UTC 2021

Some people already said that they have their TeX packages;
maybe they can contribute them.

Also the Debian Linux "Sciences" team may have Perl scripts (or other scripts)
to classify the files.

Also for example at Slackware

https://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/t/

in the t  (tex) series they have a 76 MB package.

https://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/t/texlive-2020.200608-x86_64-3.txt

texlive: This package contains binaries, support files, TeX formats and
texlive: packages, and other files included in the TeXLive TeX distribution.
texlive: Included are input files for TeX, runtime configuration files,
texlive: hyphenation tables, manpages, and the computer modern fonts.
texlive:
texlive: SlackBuilds.org has more texmf files and documentation in the
texlive: texlive-extra and texlive-docs packages.

So basically the entire TeXlive distribution must be divided in smaller packages,
like texlive-extra , texlive-docs, etc.

In order to have a small package to start with for casual TeX users,
and also provide additional full installs for advanced users.

David Stes