[oi-dev] atge driver issue

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Jul 1 16:27:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

some time ago I described my problem here https://illumos.topicbox.com/groups/developer/T634206bd4ad02a71-M13c079595752100c6a52d7a9 already.

I use the atge driver on my laptop with AR8151V2 chip. There I have the problem if the cable disconnects 10 sec later I get a L1C error and as a result it seems that the upper layer assumes that the link is up with 10MB half duplex.

If I use the dtrace debug output of the atge driver I see after this error no further output, so I guess the driver is gone to nirvana.

My explanation of this behaviour is that atge_device_stop did not stop all ISR activity.

So I like to check how is the alc driver in BSD or the alx dirver in Linux working.
But it seems there is very less similarity of the illumos driver with the BSD or Linux driver.

So I am wondering which source was the blue print for the Illumos atge driver?
Perhaps can Gary give me a hint?

Many thanks
--
Carsten