[oi-dev] PR #184: Support for epub and pandoc version problems

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Jun 2 21:48:22 UTC 2021

In regard to: [oi-dev] PR #184: Support for epub and pandoc version...:

> We do not have a pandoc package for OI
> which would ease the problem.  However, pandoc is big and it might not be trivial to
> create such a package for OI.

Size isn't going to be the most difficult issue here.

It appears that pandoc is written in Haskell and uses a Haskell-specific
(?) build system.  AFAICT, OI doesn't currently have a Haskell package.

My experience with Haskell ends at the meme level.  Speaking only for
myself, while it is possible to build and package a language interpreter
(or compiler) for a language I do not speak or use, it always makes the
packaging process much more difficult.

Do you use Haskell for other projects?  Even having someone that can
reliably test an experimental package and offer feedback increases the
likelihood of getting the package into a usable state.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)