[oi-dev] Logitech C930e

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Nov 8 01:14:53 UTC 2021

In regard to: [oi-dev] Logitech C930e, stes at PANDORA.BE said (at 12:35pm on...:

> Perhaps it makes more sense to capture video with "ffmpeg".

I'm in the process of updating ffmpeg right now, I have 4.4.1 built and
have been working on the necessary rebuilds for its dependencies.

I've made relatively minor changes to how it's built, because I'm
concerned about it not being "redistributable".  That message is output
after configure for both the current 3.2.14 version OI is shipping and the
rebuild I've done with 4.4.1.  Andreas and I have discussed it a bit in
one of the PRs I have related to gstreamer1 plugins.  He was the one that
pointed out I would need to tackle ffmpeg to update gst-libav1.

If the updates I've made are merged, it's probably worth looking at what
other changes should be made to how ffmpeg is built.  The same is probably
true of VLC; the TLS connector is not currently being built for that,
which limits some of its functionality.

I should have the PR for ffmpeg and its deps in the next couple days.
I can ping you if you want to try the updated build, but I suspect more
build changes will be needed.

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)