[oi-dev] what target creates $(WS_TOP)/archives ?

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Oct 24 17:50:35 UTC 2021

Was it intentional that the oi-userland/archives/.gitkeep file and directory placeholder were removed ?

In the past there was a 'empty placeholder' directory ("archives") with a file .gitkeep (empty) in the oi-userland repository.

I liked the approach with the empty placeholder, although that setting USERLAND_ARCHIVES to some other directory that you create yourself may be best.

The way I read Andreas email was that he prefers creating the directory yourself - I don't mind and in fact it is true that this provides some advantages.

Regards
David Stes