[oi-dev] problems publishing rust

Friedrich Kink friedrich.kink at fkink.de
Sat Jun 18 13:49:33 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I try to prepare new rustc package with current version 1.61.0. So far
building and installing is already working. But publishing respectively
make REQUIRED_PACKAGES immediately bails out with the following error
message:

make REQUIRED_PACKAGES
/usr/bin/python3.9 RESOLVE_DEPS=
/usr/src/myoi-userland/components/developer/rust/build/.resolved-i386
/usr/bin/python3.9: can't open file
'/usr/share/src/myoi-userland/components/developer/rust/RESOLVE_DEPS=':
[Errno 2] No such file or directory
make: *** [/usr/share/src/myoi-userland/make-rules/ips.mk:516:
REQUIRED_PACKAGES] Error 2

truss shows that make REQUIRED_PACKAGE really tries to open the file
/usr/share/src/myoi-userland/components/developer/rust/RESOLVE_DEPS= Any
idea what goes wrong here? To simplify things I just used sample
manifest p5m file to exclude home made errors.

Any hints are welcome.

kind regards,

   Fritz