[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse pointers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Wed Dec 22 14:57:04 UTC 2010

* Ian Johnson <itjohnson at gmail.com> [2010-12-22 13:33]:
> I personally like the absence of Ubuntu-esque cursor themes from the last
> Sun dev builds and S11X. A black cursor is easier to see on most
> backgrounds, but since Ubuntu adopted that stubby white Windows Vista-esque
> cursor theme a while back, Linux distros (and Sun) have been falling all
> over themselves to add it to their own default configurations. As long as I
> can keep my black Solaris pointer/wristwatch, I'm happy.

My point was that it is impossible to please everybody with a
default theme and that the cursor theme can be easily changed,
e.g. there is a black variant of DMZ provided by the
gnome/theme/cursor/dmz-cursor-aa package.
BTW, that stubby white Windows Vista-esque cursor theme was first
used by openSUSE before spreading to other desktops.
--
Guido Berhoerster