[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse pointers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Wed Dec 22 17:27:01 UTC 2010

* Dmitry G. Kozhinov <dima at desktopfay.com> [2010-12-22 17:38]:
> > http://www.gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/70481-Neutral_Plus_Inv.tar.gz
>
> Almost what I want... But no wristwatch. And forgive me my
> ignorance, I cannot figure out how to install this.

Sorry, don't know about the wristwatch. You can install a cursor
or icon teme by extracting it and moving the folder into
${HOME}/.icons/. In order to select it, start the Appearance
Preference tool and go to Theme -> Customize -> Pointer.

> Haven't seen earlier OpenSUSE versions, but what it's there now is
> exactly what in OI 148. This is why I call it Linux-like. I think
> that I have to get used to what is included into a distro (be that
> OSol, OI, or 11).

No, you can easily download themes from websites such as
http://gnome-look.org/ and install them through the Apperance
Prefrenece tool.

--
Guido Berhoerster