[OpenIndiana-discuss] IO_b148 on an ATI HD 5770: Xorg failure / black screen

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Dec 27 16:17:35 UTC 2010

On 12/26/10 12:56 PM, Chris Ridd wrote:
> What's the performance of the Intel driver & GPUs like? I assume the drivers are in xnv?

The user-space portion is - the kernel side is in onnv (hence an upcoming
problem for openindiana, when the xnv side of the Intel driver starts
depending on newer ioctls in the kernel side than the illumos kernel supports,
at least until someone steps up to maintain the illumos DRI modules and update
them to the newest upstream from Linux [dual-licensed BSD/GPL]).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com