[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express

Rthoreau r7h0re4 at att.net
Thu Nov 4 13:24:26 UTC 2010

I am surprised Alan did not bring this up, but what this reminded me off
was Xfree86 and Xorg. We heard all the gloom and doom about the distro's
not using Xfree86 when they switched to Xorg.  I see the same approach
with Libre Office once it gets into the hands of the major Linux
distro's good luck getting Open Office on equal footing.

I imagine a few people on the developers list could give us all a little
lesson on FLOSS or OSS community handling or lack of it. I was referring
to CDRkit and cdrecord and in no means am in a position to make
judgments on either one. Being a long time user of Debian my opinion
might be slightly biased so I will refrain from comment on the merits of
either source. I bring it up as an object lesson and nothing else.

Which kind of reminds me of the IC patent wars back in those days. It seems even back
then the judges and patent system were still a big mess.

Rthoreau