[OpenIndiana-discuss] R building problems due to Tcl/TK on openindiana

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:16:22 UTC 2010

  Hello all,

This probably has a very simple answer (I hope).  I have been fighting
with this for days.  I installed the R package from blastwave, works
fine.  Trying to get Rcommander installed.  The required package aplpack
keeps kicking out due to

Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
   Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
Error : package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'aplpack'

When I look for tcl i get this

Current packages: CSWcommon-1.8.0,REV=2010.05.01
CSWisaexec-11.11,REV=2009.12.27 CSWtcl-8.5.7,REV=2009.09.23

Is there a development package I need?  Is there simply something that
needs to be added to my path?

Any help would be appreciated.  I did not have this problem on my old
Solaris 10...

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson