[OpenIndiana-discuss] root pw on fresh install?

Andrew Kinney andykinney at advantagecom.net
Thu Sep 16 05:04:02 UTC 2010

I answered my own question.

Go to System -> Administration -> Users and Groups, input the root pw
as prompted, select your username that you setup during installation,
click properties, click the User profiles tab, scroll down to
"Primary Administrator", and tick the box. Click OK. Click OK again.
Now pfexec behaves as expected.

Hopefully someone finds this information useful.

Should this be set during the install process or are these extra
steps the intended procedure?

Andrew