[OpenIndiana-discuss] Central management

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 10 20:53:23 UTC 2011

Thanks for the links.
I was looking more for something which does not require MS windows.
Tight home dir control is what I also used. But keeping up with all the
desktop settings and trying to find how to control things, feels like
working backwards.
If people are serious about opensource in the enterprise without the
need for MS windows. (that will probably take some time...but just
imagine) then it would be nice for administrators to use some desktop
control tool. If all applications would  read the mandatory settings
from the control tool (database/ldap) then opensource deployments would
be much easier.
Is there nothing in the opensource world which addresses this issue?

Kind regards,

Ivar