[OpenIndiana-discuss] set up PPPoE

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Dec 14 22:28:28 UTC 2011

Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I have archived several dozen PPPoE on Solaris threads from
> misc. Solaris mailing lists over the years.
[...]
> Most of these threads I follow typically end with the end user going
> out and purchasing a Linksys/D-Link/some-other-generic-brand NAT box
> with PPPoE capabilities.

We are running PPPoE on Solaris 10 feeding off a DSL connection from
Deutsche Telekom.  We are using ipf to filter packets.  HW is an
X2200M2.  We get full transfer speed and the service is stable in one
location.

In the other location service is also good but every once in a while
it does not come back up after the the peer forces connection close
after 24hrs.  This is fixed by a manual restart.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"