[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 source code leaked?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Dec 27 15:39:08 UTC 2011

On 12/26/11 08:21, Nikola M wrote:
> I know there must be reluctance of accepting that Solaris11 released
> code is truly under CDDL (for parts that are) .
> But under what license could it be, since Solaris11 is derived code from
> CDDL-licensed Opensolaris?

Under the new license Oracle chose to release it under, as allowed by either
owning the copyrights or having signed agreements with the other copyright
owners.   Nothing in the CDDL says that anyone who chooses to release code
under the CDDL is promising to release all future versions of the code under
the CDDL as well - Sun always talked about having a closed, commercial release
of Solaris 11 some day alongside OpenSolaris.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com