[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 148 and HP Server with SmartArray 5i controller

Kirill Ponazdyr sink at codeangels.com
Thu Feb 3 13:49:17 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone!

Here is the panic stack as taken from the serial console:

http://fallout.codeangels.com/misc/cpqary3_panic.txt

This panic is not unique to one server, it happens on two machines.

In the meanwhile: I have installed OI on the external disk and replaced
the 2.2 cpqary3 with 2.1 - Problem is gone, I can see the array.

Now I can manually move all the content onto array and make it bootable
but this is quite a complex way to the goal :)

I also tried to use text mode installer and point it to the very same
driver which works on installed OI (both .pkg and DU) but it always
reports 'install failed' and does not recognize the array.

Best Regards

Kirill